From high-tech simulators to our fast rescue boat and fire-fighting facilities, our maritime facilities are world-class. You can be assured of real world training when you study with us.
You'll get hands-on, real world training at the International Maritime Institute of New Zealand.
Our maritime training facilities include:
- Kongsberg merchant and fishing vessel engine room simulator from Norway - including an engine room control room, an actual engine room, emergency generator simulation equipment and PC-based simulation software in a dedicated classroom
- A ship's bridge navigation simulator
- ECDIS simulator
- Cargo ship's lifeboat and launching davits
- New Zealand's only three-storey maritime fire-fighting training facility
- Fast rescue boat
- Purpose-built teaching and learning spaces within the recently built Applied Technology building
You'll be learning in a realistic environment and be able to spend more time on the practical application of learning rather than just in the classroom.