High tech talking mannequins and an on campus hospital suite enable you to practise your clinical skills in a realistic environment.
Simulation is increasingly being used to help prepare you for the clinical workplace and our hospital suite brings an exceptional degree of realism to your nursing education.
We're proud of our nursing facilities which feature:
- A high-tech training mannequin named "Sam" who can be programmed to simulate a wide range of health conditions. Sam is used to practise nursing assessments and procedures such as catheter insertions and giving intravenous fluids. Sam responds physically and psychologically
- A clinical simulation area
- A clinical practice space with six hospital beds
- Two biology laboratories
- A microbiology laboratory
- Teaching spaces and classrooms