Our purpose-built workshops have all the latest gear necessary to learn your trade.
the trades workshops and carpentry barn recently underwent an extensive refurbishment and now include:
- Modern automotive engineering workshop with full size automotive bays and a covered atrium where you can work on cars outdoors but under cover
- Mechanical engineering workshop with welding bay facilities for MIG, TIG and gas welding
- A fabrication workshop, where is a new CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Plasma Cutter which can cut steel to any shape up to 20mm thick
- Carpentry students work on real-size, real world projects for the community in the refurbished carpentry barn with mezzanine floor. Previous projects have included building an eco-home, a sleepout and a shed
- Tutors use tablets connected to data projectors in classrooms, head cameras or mobile TV units in the workshops - this enables a record of your skills or the ability to show detailed work to a whole class