Our tailor-made courses enable businesses to regularly upskill their team knowledge without compromising the daily activities associated with running a business through our on-site course delivery option.
Have us run one of our courses on your premises or bring your team along to our Richmond campus. Please note a minimum of 10 students is required for on-site course delivery.
If you’re wanting to upskill your team we'd love to hear from you. Complete this form and we'll come back to you.
9.15 am - 12.30 pm
1.00 - 2.45 pm
- Online learning in the computer room
- Students who are in full-time Nursery work could do online work at home
- Soils and how to identify them, assessment of their fitness for growing and understanding how to modify
- Includes soil types, structure and texture, nutrients, soil biology, pH levels and how soils hold their fertility and water
- The mechanics of a plant, function and structure, which includes photosynthesis, respiration, stems roots, leaves and flowers.
- This relates to understanding how plants grow and what they need
- Plant ID and plant families are also covered including weeds
- Identifying pests, diseases and disorders, and recognising when a plant is healthy or unhealthy
- Understanding how to manage plant health including IPM and Agrichemical use
9.15 am - 2.45 pm
- These practical classes are held in our nursery, market garden, or in the field. Additional questions can be answered in a twice-weekly Zoom meeting
|Propagation and cultivation
- Practical growing in the nursery, growing from seed, cuttings and division
- Cultivation in our on-site market garden
- Taking crops grown to harvest, and getting a taste of a variety of growing systems and skills
- Topics covered include health and safety, tool and small motor maintenance, amenity garden skills, pruning and training, weeding and weed ID, agrichemicals, planting trees, orchard management, market garden management.