Join the 2021 or 2022 intakes of the English language pathway programme, New Zealand Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) Level 4 or 5, and receive a scholarship for your qualification at NMIT!
Pathway to Undergraduate Qualifications
(e.g. Bachelor, Graduate Diploma)
Complete the 16-17 week NZCEL Level 4 (Academic) at NMIT starting in 2021 or 2022 and join your undergraduate programme.
Pathway to Postgraduate Qualifications
(e.g. Postgraduate Diploma or Masters)
Complete the 16-17 week NZCEL Level 5 (Academic) at NMIT starting in 2021 or 2022 and join your postgraduate diploma or Masters.
Complete NZCEL Level 4 Academic and then enrol with NMIT for at least two years on:
Receive a scholarship valued at NZ$6,000.
Complete NZCEL Level 4 Academic or NZCEL Level 5 Academic and then enrol for at least two years on any NMIT programme at Level 5 or above(external link) for at least one full academic year.
Receive a scholarship valued at NZ$3,000.
How to apply
Students must apply in 2021 or 2022.
- Students must pay for the full NZCEL Level tuition fee plus the NZ$120 student services levy.
- Students complete the relevant level of NZCEL Level, which is 16-17 weeks of full-time study in 2021 or 2022.
- Students who achieve the relevant NZCEL Level can progress into their chosen NMIT qualification without sitting another external examination.
- The English language scholarship is credited against the tuition fees of the NMIT qualification at a rate of NZ$3,000 per year, up to a maximum of two years for programmes of two years or more (NZ$6,000 TOTAL).
- These scholarships are available for students who start NZCEL Level 4 or 5 Academic study before December 2022.
- These scholarships cannot be taken if the student has received another NMIT scholarship or discount offer.
- This scholarship can only be awarded to students successfully completing and achieving the full NZCEL Level 4 or 5 Academic over the 16-17 week study period.
- NMIT reserves the right to withdraw this promotion.
Terms and conditionsThis offer is only available to students paying international fees who enrol on or before December 2022.This offer does not apply to cohorts or student groups from institutional partners who already receive special offers.This offer only applies for those wanting to study 16 weeks or more of English Language.A student who has received another NMIT scholarship or discount is not eligible for this offer.If a student enrols on 8 weeks of English Language study and then undertakes another 8 weeks of English Language study, they can re-enrol and be entitled to the discount as long as the second term of enrolment is started on or before December 2022.