COVID-19 student and staff update See
CTN701 Introduction to Clinical Teaching for Registered Nurses
Locations and dates
7 April 2022
8 September 2022
6 April 2022
29 June 2022
7 September 2022
To assist Registered Nurses to facilitate an effective learning environment for students in health care settings.
NMIT works in collaboration with Nelson Marlborough Health, Non Government Organisations (NGOs) and Public Health Organisations (PHOs).
If you work for these organisations, this short course is fees free. Identification maybe required if it isn't clear from your application for whom you work.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate learning needs for students in a clinical learning environment.
- Critique and evaluate teaching and learning strategies applicable in clinical situations.
- Facilitate student learning to link theory to practice.
- Evaluate a range of techniques for providing feedback to students in relation to their clinical practice.
- Apply evidence-based practice to support student teaching and learning.
- Reflection on nursing education
- Future workforce trends and educational developments
- Principles of adult teaching
- Principles of assessment and workplace assessment processes
- Facilitating learning in the workplace
- Critique of current learning and teaching strategies
- Role play / group work
- Reflective practice
- Self-directed learning
- Use of evidence based practice to inform teaching and learning strategies.
Download Clinical Teaching Applicant Declaration form [PDF, 161 KB]
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 539 3399 for more assistance.
Start your application today. You'll be glad you did.